Thursday, September 1, 2011

Monika Mori

Divertimento 20 05 from the "Blues" series

Monika Mori, known as the artist MOO, works with bold colors and strokes, allowing free elements of drips and dashes to bisect her canvases. Her works are highly expressive – she has always wanted the world to hear what she has to say, and these artistic communications embody her emotions, experiences and her delight at the interaction with color. For Mori, color is liberating. Only through art can one mediate the unspeakable, so this allows for a greater freedom within a work. It is a language unto itself and there is merit to all interpretations. The subtle earth palette glows from the surface of the canvas and illuminates the striking dripped forms. Their uneven linear progress forms crowds, forests, circuitry – they travel and lead us on through the painting and beyond. The strength of these paintings reflects the strength of Mori herself, and the intensity of the message she has to convey.

Monika Mori currently lives in Vienna (Austria) and Fort Myers (Florida, United States)

Website: www.mori-art.at

Statement: „I see art, in Goethe's words, as the mediator of the unspeakable. In my art I am able to use the materials, colors and techniques to express my thoughts, feelings and personal experiences. It is part of how I communicate. Painting is for me a supremely joyful process, which always comes with an inner smile that only grows. Part of the pleasure of painting is the hope that the results will spread light and goodness in the world, and help viewers to get in touch with their inner selves. In this way, it fits into the rest of my life, especially into my work with the non-profit organisation I set up to assist the rehabilitation of unemployed and socially disadvantaged individuals.“ …I´m celebrating 5th anniversary today – I founded my project on the 1st of September in 2006 ;)