Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Francis Phelan


One of the most generous artists I've met.
He draws and writes about nature and great painters.
He draws predominantly on A3 sketchbooks and A3 envelopes.
His favourite painters are Toulouse-Lautrec, Picasso and Van Gogh.

Jerry the mouse my friend

My friend Jerry the mouse
Lives in my house,
He's getting fat
and is so grouse.
I feed him crumbs, bread, and milk
His grey coat's like pure silk;
Jerrys very happy here
He sleeps a lot and shows no fear.
His little house is in the kitchen door
And very close to the floor;
He's my friend and likes some cheeze,
Jerry's running round the room
As I sweep the floor wit my broom,
Now it's time to go to bed
While little Jerry eats some bread.

Some of his sketchbooks and envelopes can be found in the collection of the University of South Australia and the Outsiders Festival Museum.