Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Betty Anderson


1936 Born: Balaklava SA

1963 Whilst living on a remote Aboriginal Settlement in the 60’s commenced painting in oils A number of moves and work commitments meant that she only painted spasmodically, all without tuition.

1975-79 After Cyclone Tracey, commenced sculpturing in stone – talc, pyrophyllite and other stone – and eventually doing commission work in jade.

2008 Seriously resumed my art interest.


Exhibitions:

1976 Shoalhaven Art Exhibition – 2nd Prize, painting

2002? Rotary Art Exhibition – Blackwood - sculpture

2008 Rotary Art Exhibition – Blackwood - painting
Stirling Organic Market Café

2009 Rotary Art Exhibition – Blackwood
Rotary Art Exhibition – Aberfoyle Park
Coastlands Christian Centre
Stirling Fine Arts Exhibition
Outsiders Exhibition
RSASA

2010 Gallery M

Veritas Winery, Barossa Valley


My painting is realistic and detailed. I love the play of light with its shadows and reflections and graduation of colour on objects, thus I prefer painting flowers, birds and portraits rather than landscapes. The flowers I paint are taken in their natural settings, portraying nature as it is and not contrived.

My sculpture reflects my preference for people, although I tend toward abstract in my larger pieces.


Phone: 08 8370 3191 (H); 0404 863 633 (M)

Email: bma@primusonline.com.au