Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Mike Retter





"I paint about television. This became my subject naturally. Television has a power over a space and demands out attention. It lights up a dark room with flickering light. We learn more from the television than school. Technology is changing and combining with one another into something new. We are surrounded like never before.

Basically I paint about the medium of TV and use all kinds of techniques and take a year to finish a painting. I like the pictures to soak up a year of my life. It's not a consious thing it is just how it happens."

Mike Retter

In 2008 Mike Retter has exhibited at the ABC for six months.
Mike is one of the strongest supporters of the Outsiders Festival.
You can see more of his very intriguing work on Youtube.
http://mikeretter.tripod.com/